Has it ever happened to you that you were thinking of a friend who is not in the same town or city as you are, and at that very moment, you get a call from him/her? If that has, I need not tell you about what telepathy is, as that is what it is all about. It is communication between two people without employing any of the five senses.
It is one of the main branches of parapsychological research, and many studies have been done and are going on to understand and decipher this phenomenon. Researchers say that if you are able to use telepathy, you can read the minds and information stored in the brains of other people. This is also what can be called having psychic abilities. Here are some exercises you can try to improve your telepathic abilities.
- Relax, be comfortable, and close your eyes.
- Fill your body with energy and feel it.
- In front of your mind's eye, there would be a chakra. Try and visualize that.
- You would perceive a brick wall at the larger end of this chakra. See your body going towards the wall.
- Once you reach the wall, stop and analyze the weakest point in it.
- Now you are going to virtually push that weak point in the wall down. Try harder if it does not happen in the first go.
- There will be a telepathic grid beyond the wall and you have to get there. Once you get it, it will seem like a black void with white flashes flying all over.
- Say your name thrice once you get there. Then try to listen to these flashes. They should sound like someone talking to you. Try to understand what these flashes are communicating with you.
- Try to answer to that flash and send out your message in the telepathic grid. It will flash before your eyes as it leaves.
- Decipher if you get a response. If you get it, that means you are connected. Then finally, see if someone can hear and respond to what you are saying.
- Now, open your eyes.
- The crux of any telepathic exercise is to be present in the present. It is not advisable to let your mind wander anywhere else than where you are. Avoid thinking about the past or the future.
- Get hold of your friend, and get color pencils of different colors between you.
- Decide amongst the two of you about who is going to be the sender and who is going to be the receiver.
- The person then chooses a color in his or her mind and sends it to the other person mentally. Once both of them begin the process of receiving and sending, say start.
- The receiver then has to peek into the sender's mind as to what color was chosen by him or her. This is followed by the receiver saying the color out loud.
- The sender then either says yes or no, and then start all over again.
- In case the receiver is not able to read the correct color, try till you get it right.
- Switch after around 10 to 15 minutes. Then relax and take a break. The sender becomes the receiver and vice versa.
- Get hold of a pack of cards, a sheet of paper, and a pencil, to make the score sheet.
- Again be present in the moment. Calm yourself and clear your mind.
- Sit back-to-back with the other person after deciding upon who will be the sender and the receiver.
- Sender will then pick a card once he or she shuffles the card and then tap the card to indicate that he has picked a color and is sending it to the receiver.
- The receiver amongst will then try and connect with the other person's mind. He/she will try to read and decipher what is being sent by the sender.
- The receiver will then say what he/she thinks is the selected card.
In an advanced stage, a variation of this could be rather than attempting to send a color, transmit the value of the card. Before that, remove all the aces, kings, queens, jacks, and tens from the pack and ensure you have more number of cards.
These exercises can be safely called a part of what mental telepathy is, and are a way through which you can learn how to practice it. After this, you can try out the following experiments, which would be fun as well as challenging.
- For getting a grip on the technique, you could practice it with people you are not so close to.
- As mentioned earlier, start off with colors/numbers and then graduate to objects, words, and sentences.
- Try it by going out of each other's sight. Either between a door or over the phone.
Once you get the basics, you can practice and master the art. It is all about psychology. A very important thing, however, is to remember that it is a very complex concept and it will take time to seep in. But attempting to do that would certainly be great. Even if you do not master the art, you would surely unveil secrets of this parapsychological phenomenon.